Friday, January 21, 2011
Sentara Weight Loss Surgery Center Named an Institute of Distinction
Sentara Weight Loss Surgery Center at Potomac Hospital has again been designated as an Institutes of Quality® Bariatric Surgery Facility by Aetna.
Institutes of Quality Bariatric Surgery Facilities are a national network of healthcare facilities that are designated based on measures of clinical performance, access and efficiency for bariatric surgery. Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, refers to various surgical procedures to treat people living with morbid or extreme obesity.
Facilities selected for this designation meet the following criteria:
• Have significant experience in bariatric surgery, performing a minimum of 125 procedures a year.
• Have evidence-based and recognized standards for clinical outcomes, processes of care and patient safety.
• Provide ongoing follow-up programs and support for their bariatric surgery patients.
• Adhere to Aetna's standards for member access to the facility and Aetna participating providers.
• Demonstrate efficiency in providing care based on overall cost of care, readmission rates and comprehensiveness of program.
Want to learn more about weight loss surgery at Sentara Potomac Hospital? Come to our upcoming free seminar on Thursday, January 27 at 7:00 p.m. Join a board-certified weight loss surgeon to learn about surgical solutions to weight loss including laparoscopic gastric banding, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and revisional procedures.
To register call our Health Connection at (703) 221-2500 or register online.
About the Weight Loss Surgery Center The Sentara Weight Loss Surgery Center at Potomac Hospital provides a full range of bariatric surgery care services, including inpatient care, post-operative care, outpatient follow-up and patient education and has been named a Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). The ASMBS Center of Excellence designation recognizes surgical programs with a demonstrated track record of excellent outcomes in bariatric surgery.